Friday, May 20, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day One

Me.

I am a single mother of a beautiful 3 year old little girl. She is the love of my life. She also has made me remember the simple joys in life and to live not only for myself but for others as well. I have found that I live my life through my heart more than my head. Sometimes this causes troubles, and yes heartache, but I wouldn't change that about myself. I have to work very hard to keep my balance of head-and-heart thinking. I love the Arts. Art and music have been an outlet of mine to express how I am feeling when words cannot suffice. Some of my best paintings have been done when I am overwhelmed and even upset. Sounds kind of odd, but I think the slow movement of composing the piece calms my spirit and slows down the many thoughts in my head. Despite my love of art and my emotional self, I work in a law firm. I never thought of myself as a highly analytical person, like the people who work in the legal area, but I have actually found a good fit in this law firm. I tend to be the buffer, for the clients as well as the attorneys. I have had to learn to have tougher skin when people get upset. Given that one of the attorneys I work with does bankruptcy, we can have upset and anxious clients (and rightly so). Its not easy working full time. I find myself wishing I could be home more with Danika, even wonder if I am being a good mom by working full time, but I know that God provided this job for me. So I try to just trust that this is the right thing for now and wait and see what comes next. Knowing that God goes being my expectations and the joy and love of my daughter, I know that it will be great wherever we are lead.

2 comments:

MJ said...

So happy to see you blogging again!!! I can't wait to catch up on you and Dani! ( :

PS I'm having an all natural birth this time so you need to give me your best tips and advice!! ( :

MrsLoomis said...

she's ba-ack!