Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I Pledge Allegiance...

Today at Danika's school's chapel Danika lead everyone in the pledges. Because I am the only employee at work I could not be there. My heart was breaking on the way to work knowing that I was going to miss this big moment. I called around and coordinated with family to get it as documented as possible. Thank goodness for digital cameras that can record videos!

My heart is so full right now with pride. I am soo proud of Danika for being selected from her class to do something so important. I hope she understands the importance of the pledges to the American and Christian flag. Even if she does not now, I hope that she learns and recognizes it as she grow older.

Our country was founded by godly men to give us freedom to worship God. We can't even begin to understand the type of oppression that other countries have about religion and worship of God. Some lose their lives over it. But we can stand together and publicly worship Him and thank Him for this country and our freedoms.  Danika helped her school do that today.

So, so proud of my little girl. As Claire Huxtable would say from Cosby Show, "My baby! My baby!!"

Will post the video soon.

No comments: