Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Eventful Day

Yesterday was quite the day! It started out where I got up at 7:20 am for Danika and we jumped on Papa. Then she was antsy to have her bottle so I was rushing to get one made. While rushing I failed to realize that there was no bottom on the bottle! So when I put in the formula powder, it feel out and covered my foot. Here is the evidence left behind...

That afternoon, Papa put up our new swing! Now Danika can swing all day if she likes. Of course we would have to bundle her up sometimes, but luckily with this weather, we don't have to as much! I guess it is an especially unique swing because unlike regular swings, our swing goes in all directions! We can make her go around in a circle even! Lets just hope she doesn't get motion sickness, haha! But we will have lots of fun with it. Thank you Papa!
I went to one of my best friend's wedding yesterday too! It was so beautiful and when I get pictures I'm sure I'll do a separate entry just for that. So stay tuned.
And lastly! I am so proud of myself. I made, over the course of two days, a Chocolate Pistachio Torte with Chocolate Ganache! It took me a long time because when I started it two days ago, I didn't read the recipe in its entirely and failed to notice that the torte had to rest for 3 hours before the ganache can go on it! So yesterday I made the ganache and finished it. And voile!

It is amazing, if I do say so myself! Very rich so you want a glass of milk or water nearby, but it is chocolate heaven!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH man I've made that bottle mistake but with breastmilk! it made a HUGE MESS!