Friday, January 16, 2009

A Great Reminder

Tonight my mom mentioned how smiley Danika is. Lately she has been all smiles. It is wonderful. And it is kind of weird for us now because she has a bunch of teeth, so it isn't the gummy smile that we have been so used to, or the "cabbage patch teeth" smile either.

But later I was thinking about it, and I felt very encouraged at how much Danika smiles. Because it reminded me that things are great how they are now. And that, I don't want to sound cocky or anything, but that I am doing a good job. I have always been scared of the "single mom" thing, but we are doing fine. I am in no aspects alone. And we have so much support, we aren't missing anything.

Her smiles are such a blessing, and a great reminder to me. And that makes me smile too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never had any doubts that you'd be a great mom, single or not :) I'm glad you're feeling so confident I know it could be hard with out support and confidence! :)