Monday, February 16, 2009

Big Girl Necklace

     I was going through an old box of mine and found this Minnie Mouse necklace that I used to wear when I was little. 
     Nothing too fancy, and Minnie is a little worse for wear and her nose is a little rubbed off, but while I was holding it and looking at it, Danika came up and wanted to see it.
     I held it out to her and she smiled while holding it, thankfully not pulling it or breaking it. I decided to take a chance with it and try to have her wear it. Keep in min
d that this necklace has the type of connectors that screw in, so she could do so damage to this necklace if she wanted to. 
     She was not entirely sure about it when I put it around her neck at first, but thanks to my "Quick Thinking Mommy Skills" I distracted her with a book before she could try to tug it off, and it was a success! She wore the necklace for the whole day and never tried to take it off! I was so proud and thought she looked even older with it on. Funny how one piece of accessory can add so much, lol! 

No comments: