Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Trip to Redding

Danika and I went to Redding to visit my friend Jaimie Alena. The first time we took the trip to Redding, Danika was six months old, and cried almost the whole way there. And back then, her carseat had to be facing backwards so there wasn't much I could do to entertain her while driving.

Needless-to-say, I was very excited that Danika would be facing forward so that I can hand her books and talk with her more. We left in the morning and it was so foggy and wet, but Danika settled in with her books and eventually fell asleep with her head in a terrible looking position. The drive there was a little difficult. Instead of a four hour drive, it took us more like six! Danika's naps were very short and few, so she got antsy very quickly and would toss the books aside that I had given her. So we stopped more times than I wanted. But we finally made it to Jaimie's apartment and proceeded to move in. :)

At Jaimie's apartment, there are stairs, and Danika LOVES stairs since we don't have any at our house. So naturally, she wanted to go up and down those stairs at least ten times when we got there. During the whole weekend we were there, it was her favorite thing to do.

We had such a great time visiting (and excercizing with the stairs) and luckily it took us only 3 1/2 hours to get back home and we didn't have to stop once! Thank God! Such great times and wonderful memories, I can't wait to be able to go back and visit again.

No comments: