Monday, August 29, 2011

30 Day Blog Challege: Day 5: A Person I Miss

This didn't take me long to figure out. Right away a name popped into my head: Jaimie.


Jaimie is one of my best friends. We met at college and became fast and close friends. We had a tradition of a certain day of the week we would study, watch Alias and have goldfish and Dr. Pepper (and sometimes jerky). *sigh* Wonderful times. We both love movies, though her collection far surpasses mine. Probably by 500 or some crazy number like that. I remember once she sent me a list of all her movies. It was at least 3 pages long single spaced! I want to buy her movies all the time, but who knows if she already has them!


After I went home from college we talked almost everyday on the phone. And we kept that up for a very long time. Things slowed down a lot after Dani was born. Eventually it slowed down to nothing sadly (phone-wise). We email back and forth occasionally, but it isn't the same, and we both know it.


I keep hoping that I can save up money and see her during the summer, since she lives down south. So far it hasn't worked out. I saw her for an afternoon when my family was driving back home from Disneyland, but it wasn't enough. I think the main problem is that I am not taking enough time to keep in contact. I get too distracted by other things. I keep on trying though and I don't think I will ever give up staying in touch with her. She just means too much to me.

No comments: