Friday, August 26, 2011

Thirty-Day Blog Challange: "Day" 4: A Goal

OK. This is going to sound so silly, but it is a goal.



I will bring lunch from home for a straight week.




Sounds kind of anticlimactic right? Yeah, I know. But I tried to think of a goal that isn't too huge, but one that I can get off my checklist as it were.




Working Downtown is fabulous. Love the area, but it also comes with a gazillion restaurants. Let me name a few for you: Flavor Bistro, Mary's Pizza Shack, 4th Street Market, Thai House, Tex Wasabi, Mac's Deli, Mom & Pop's Shop (Formerly Mr. Pickles), Sift (though that is dessert), Starbucks (they have more food now), and La Vera's.


Plus there are other taqueria's, chinese food, indian food, pubs, and the Plaza is a block over so there is the food court there too. It is crazy hard not to eat out at lunch! Even if I bring lunch from home I have a hard time not thinking about what other food I could get. Especially since I know Flavor's sandwich days and Mondays, Wednesday, and Thursdays have my favorite sandwiches. *sigh*



The problem is that these all add up. I am doing alright with it financially, but then I think about the type of money I could save if I didn't buy lunch so often. Grumble.



So what I really need to do is plan my meals, make stuff ahead of time and just stick with it. I might even lose some weight if I brought my own meals from home!



So there you have it. My all exciting goal. Hopefully it will get easier after I complete a week and then I can go for weeks....and maybe treat myself once a month or something....maybe. :)


No comments: